The Latin Quarters was one of my favorite hang outs in paris. We were there most of the time shopping, eating and hanging out. It was so much fun to people watch. Paris is so hip and fun. The shopping is great. The people are wonderful. They don't have the best reputation but this is my second visit in 11 years and it was just as great as the first time. I love Paris.
Waiting for the Pope
Eiffel Tour
Second level of the Eiffel Tour
We were not afraid to ask people to take our picture but they always found a way to cut off the reason we were there. Behind us is the Arc De Triomphe.
Avenue Des Champs Elysees.
Brent and the Louvre
Venus de MIlo
The Louvre
Notre-Dame. We had to go to the Notre-Dame twice because the Pope was in Paris while we were there. He was only there for 1 1/2 days but everything stops when he is in town for some reason. Brent actually saw him driving down St. Germain Street. I was shopping in a great boutique at the time called Canal 127. I could have bought one of everything.
Inside the Notre- Dame.
Stained Glass windows up close in the Sainte-Chapelle.
Sainte-Chapelle was built in Paris between 1242 and 1248. There is 1,113 scenes depicted in the 15 stained glass windows telling the story of mankind from Genesis through Christ's resurrection. I have been in many churches but this one literally took my breathe away when we walked upstairs.
We seriously walked so much I thought I was going to die but this was our last evening in Paris and it was worth that last blister on my toe. It was the most amazing trip. Thanks big B.
Our last night in Paris,France was so sad. We ate at the Marriot Hotel where we were staying because everything closes at 11 p.m. in Paris. It is a major city but everything closes so early. I guess I am a Vegas girl. I like the night life. I like to boogie.
14 comments:
I've been wondering if you guys are back and how your trip was. I lucked out when I checked your blog today. Looks like a blast! I can't wait to hear about it!
Finally, pictures! Looks like so much fun. I'm totally jealous. Maybe one day Ken will take me on an awesome trip like this. :)
I am so jealous!! We love PARIS!!! (Hence our daughters name =0) It makes me so homesick to see everything. I agree with you the people are so nice. We were a little worried but so much fun. I am so glad you had a good time. More pictures please!!
I have been waiting for these pics! Oh and you didn't die. You didn't need that will after all!!!!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I am so jealous right now you have no idea!!! Paris is one of my most favorite cities in the world! I love the people, the shopping, the food, the streets, the architecture, the EVERYTHING!!! My brother went to the French Open there this summer and I couldn't get over it, now I'm going to have to get over you and Brent having this awesome vacation! I'm so glad you loved it and had a great time!
We are so glad to have you back. Looks like you had fun. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Looks like you had a blast. I can't wait to hear about it. Those pictures look amazing.
Beautiful!
I thought you went to Germany??? Happy u had fun! April
Ash! Oh, my gosh. Wonderful pictures of your trip. You are so lucky you got to back and visit your family. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the hats for the shower- they were a hit! Love, Arlene
We went to Paris this year too!! I love Paris. We were playing there with our granddaughter, so no partying, but it's so beautiful. I'm glad you went. Love, Darcia
Ashley, Becca found your blog through Mikey's. It is so fun to see you and your cute family. It's been a long time!
Wow...what a trip!
fun to find your blog!
Post a Comment