Monday, October 6, 2008

My house parents house in Halberstadt, Germany.

Brent loved the food so much.  He ate non stop.  We had the best German food ever.  


Halberstadt, Germany
We took a stop for some ice cream.
Worlds largest koo koo clock in the Harz mountains
Harz mountains. Uli and Illona Hecht.  My house parents while I lived in Germany.
Wernigerode city hall.
Quedlinburg City hall.
Quedlinburg, Germany in the Harz mountains.  It is a very historical town in Germany.  It is about 15 minutes from where I lived in Halberstadt.
Berlin was so much fun.  I got to spend a wonderful time with my dear friend Jessica Dudeck.  She was an exchange student in Boise when I was in High school.  Then I moved to Germany the next year and we got to spend even more time together.  She is so much fun to be with and it has been way too long.  She took us to all the important sites in Berlin.  Here is the Berlin Wall on the border.

Kaiser-Wilhelm Gedachtnis-Kirche.  The church on the left is the original that was destroyed during World War II.
Jewish memorial.
The legandary Checkpoint Charlie border crossing.

Jewish memorial in Berlin to show how many lives were lost.  It is so huge it turns into a maze. It is amazing.
Brandenburger Tor
The German Parliament 
Tim and Jessi.  They have been together for 4 years.  We had so much fun spending time with them for a couple of days in Berlin.
Berlin
Ash and Jessi in Berlin, Germany.
Paris, France

Top of the Notre Dame
Notre dame

16 comments:

kimbo said...

Wow! So many amazing pictures. Looks awesome. Just how I would picture Germany. Glad Brent is enjoying his new camera. :)

Megan Curtis said...

Great Pictures. I'm glad you guys had so much fun. I would love to go there someday.

FrankNApril said...

Ok, I thought you went to Germany! I love your pictures! It makes me want to move there:) When I went to Italy I wanted to move there! I do love your pictures! LUCKY!!! April

Michelle Arnett said...

OMGOODNESS! It looks like you had such a good time! I love love love the pictures. They are beautiful! What kind of camera?!?!? Love it!

Morgan said...

Gorgeous! I can't believe you lived there!

Marleen said...

Ahh. Such a cool looking trip. Awesome pictures. Amazing place. I hope we get to visit there someday.

Jennifer B said...

It looks just awesome!! I am so glad you had a wonderful time. On our next trip to Europe I would love to make it to Germany (Casey's stepmom is from Germany). I am jealous, though. =)

Pettin'Tales said...

Dude, I should have stowed away in your suit case. Next time. I tagged you on my blog. Sorry. I'm not a big tag fan either.

Christina said...

The pictures look beautiful and your trip totally gave me the "vacation bug" without kids, that is! Time to save some money for our 10 yr our something. Great seeing you in Boise too, and I'll see you next week in SL at Erik's wedding! :) love ya

FrankNApril said...

http://franknapril.blogspot.com/

April

FrankNApril said...

Ashley,
Please come to my Girl's night! Check my blog for info. April

apron girls said...

you guys really made the trip worth it. i love the pictures.

Morgan said...

Oh jealous...I just noticed Brent is eating a "long long." That gives me delicious memories of Rothenberg.

Sister Ballard said...

You were right, it is just beautiful. I'm glad you had the chance to see all those wonderful places.

Rebecca McNair said...

Ashley! I have not seen you forever! It looks like you are doing well. You are so cute and I love your long blond hair! I am so excited to catch up!

Ana Lee said...

Ashley! You are so beautiful, your family is so adorable! I'm glad you found my blog. I'll totally be reading up on your all of the time now haha. The wedding is November 8th Salt Lake temple and the reception is in Sandy. Your parents should have an announcement. I went to Scotland, England, Netherlands, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy. It looks like your trip was amazing! Keep in touch. Love, Ana Lee